Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Black Beans In Chipotle Adobo Sauce


This was one of those dishes that I screwed up but still tasted damn fine in the end. It was a simple, pure and delicious meal.

The part I screwed up was the part I always screw up...not reading the recipe thoroughly (and believe me, I certainly hear about that each and every time I don't). So instead of the "1 large onion, cut into small dice" that I was to then remove from the beans, I diced the onion and cooked it with the beans. Let's just say I tried longer than most would at trying to pick out as many of those diced onion chunks as I could.

In the end, though, it was still delicious. The beans were so tender and lovely (not sure why, but I really wanted to use the word lovely just now), the chipotle adobo sauce was rich and full of flavor and the Mexican Millet (which I'll have to blog on separately) was wonderful, as usual.

Sadly, I think I actually made this dish back when it was still cold (relatively speaking...this is Seattle after all) outside. Which means, I haven't posted updates in a while. Bad, bad me! I've got a backlog of about 6 or 7 that I'll post over the coming weeks.

Anyway, the breakdown:

Price: Around $9-$10 (including the millet)
Difficulty: Normally not, unless you're dense like I was.
Modifications: Zilch.
Cleanup: One more pot than I'd like, but really not so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment