Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Sour Cilantro Cream

I made this "sour cream" for a Spanish rice dish the hubs Bryan made the other day. It was made with a spice blend called sazon, which, although being Latino spice, makes me walk around the house saying it with a strong, thick French accent. Hilarious, I know. Anyway, the funny thing is that we actually couldn't find the spice at our local grocery stores in the part of Seattle where we live, but had no trouble finding it in Madison, WI. WTF?

Bryan accidentally bought a lemon instead of a lime, so the end result can't really be judged until I try again with a lime. Although it served it's purpose on the dish, I actually prefer Sour Supreme as this just had too much flavor for me. I like my sour cream mild. It could have just been the lemon so I'll have to report back once we try with the lime.

But it was certainly a breeze to whip up and was full of protein, which can't be said for the store bought vegan sour cream. And it was cheaper, too.

Oh, and have I already said how much I hate hate hate cilantro? I haven't, have I? Well, I really, really really despise cilantro. It's one of the very few flavors that makes me crazy. So, needless to say, I left that out and didn't put in any substitutions. I like my sour cream mild. Did you forget that already?

This is on page 209 in Veganomicon.

No comments:

Post a Comment