Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Leek And Bean Cassoulet With Biscuits

There's never been a pot pie, or a pot pie alternative, that I haven't liked. This was no exception.

Besides being one of my favorite types of dishes, that being a one-dish meal, it was rich, delicious and healthy. While I can't say it was any more amazing than the superb pot pie my sister and husband make, it was a very satisfying alternative and, because of the biscuits instead of crust, all that much easier to make.

The biscuits turned out well, too, having a thin crust on the outside with a moist (but not too moist) inside.

This meal will definitely go into the rotation for several reasons: the cost was reasonable (about $8-$9), it was relatively quick, and both the preparation and cleanup were easy.

This is on page 172 of Veganomicon.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, this one was real good like. I'll be making that one again on a cold winter night.

    ReplyDelete