Thursday, January 14, 2010

Bonus: Homemade Pizza


This isn't from the Veganomicon book, but this pizza was so pretty I had to take and share a picture of it.

My husband has been making homemade pizza dough for years. We haven't been making the pizzas as much as we used to, but I absolutely love our homemade pizza nights. I say the best pizza is the one you make at home. With so many possible combinations of ingredients and a food that is as much an art as a science, building a custom pizza at home is the surest way to pizza satisfaction.

This pizza I made has a base of homemade pesto with green and black olives, red onion, unseeded jalapeno (woo woo!) and tomatoes. I also added some veggie pepperoni and soy cheese, but wanted to take the picture without those as they tend to hide all of those beautiful colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment