Friday, January 15, 2010

Cauliflower And Mushroom Potpie With Black Olive Crust



So creamy, herby, rich and delicious! I love loved this dish and it's kick ass salty black olive biscuit crust and copious veggies. There's not much else to say other than yum!

Once again, these Veganomicon gals really know their baking as this is the fourth dish I've made that involved some sort of baked item and each time that item has turned out wonderfully. I may have slightly over-saturated the dough, but it wasn't that noticeable. The top was lightly crispy and the innards were soft and chewy.

I'm probably a little easier to please than most, but I just couldn't get over how good this dish was. Yet one more for the rotation.

Price: Around $8.
Difficulty: About a 7. A fair amount of chopping and dough rolling/cutting.
Cleanup: Fairly easy.

This recipe is on page 161 of Veganomicon.

No comments:

Post a Comment